Thread: Crunchyroll Re:Monster
View Single Post
Old 2024-04-16, 21:59   Link #31
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
As for their treatment, seriously speaking it might be the best they could hope for. Let's say they get released (or run away), what next? They have no one close to them and are hardly capable of taking care of themselves (especially in medieval society) and everyone would consider them to "no longer be pure", even though that's not the case, so marriage prospects are abysmal. They would likely be forced to sell their bodies and beggary to get by. Compared to that they have comfortable living space, food, clothes, and relative safety. Even their freedom isn't so much restrained (going to the forest is more dangerous to them than being forbidden anyway since they can't really fight the monsters) That's not so bad.
No doubt. That part makes sense, the thing that just struck me weird was how it's not like they were just snatched off the street and brought here. The goblins killed all the rest of their company. One would assume they had some friends and/or loved ones amongst the murdered. You'd think there would be some sort of resentment there, rather than the affection we see in the show.

The writer just wants to push any baggage aside and get on with his story. I guess I just always look at things through a cynical lens. Maybe, on the flip side, the rest of their group were all assholes and they are legitimately relieved to be freed of them
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote