Thread: Crunchyroll Re:Monster
View Single Post
Old 2024-04-17, 19:52   Link #39
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Or maybe, stay with me here, they just like him because he treats them nice and like people and is actually interesed in talking to them about their specialties instead of just treating them like breeding cattle like other monsters would, maybe just maybe they like that he is honest with them and that he has helped and protected them and kept them safe, noble concept nowadays I know, but maybe I am onto something.

Some of you are just looking for any excuse to hate this anime, literally all he has done so far is keep them safe from the other goblins, treated them nicely, talked to them, show interest in their field of expertise, just be overall nice to them and the people on here are treating him like he is an Aizen level manipulator that is forcing stockholm syndrome on them (when they are the one approaching him and demanding he fucks them) or are disappointed that the anime isn't edgy like Goblin Slayer or Redo of Healer. Seriously, just be honest and admit that you were never going to like the MC having a harem.

This show is far from perfect, but so far it's at least better then the usual garbage with the usual copy/paste chaste asexual MC that has a harem that keeps throwing themselves at him while he keeps ignoring them all series long for no good reason.

They are kidnapped and imprisoned. It's good that they aren't also raped or killed, but they are not guests. They free labor and they have no reason believe they will ever be allowed leave to be reuinited with their families.

This show is far from perfect... and girls falling for their captor just because he doesn't rape them is certainly one of reasons why it's not. Whole show run on hentai logic. You can either just roll with it , because it's hot (though making fun of it is still perfectly acceptable, as it is indeed pretty funny) or stop watching, but trying explain why it "actually" make sense doesn't make anyone favor.