View Single Post
Old 2024-04-22, 19:34   Link #161
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In some ways it's a good wakeup call. Makoto may very much dislike the humanity of this world, but that doesn't mean the demons are necessarily good either. The Goddess can be a scumbag and still technically right about opposing the demons.

I think Rona is making a horribly bad call here. The gain of getting Makoto aligned with the demons would be worth basically anything. Whatever the end game of her plan is here it's not worth pissing Makoto off. And she's pretty much royally doing that right now. Now she doesn't quite have the full picture. Honestly she's worried about Shiki still which is a hilarious worry considering what Makoto actually has up his sleeve. But she's gotten one chance to make a good impression and has royally blown it here. Basically took a winning lottery ticket and set it on fire!

Kind of surprised that guy had any connection to Hibiki. Too bad he really screwed things up and let himself get suckered by the demons. He's almost certainly going to die here with all his regrets left hanging. I don't feel that bad for him since the flashback version of him is pretty well contrasted to the jerk we saw most times he showed up. It wasn't all the demons. He made bad decisions himself. He's not the biggest scumbag we've seen this season. But he really put himself into a hole that he's not getting out of.

Kind of wonder where things will go with Makoto. His business career is in a messy spot. The Demons are suddenly a far less appetizing group to deal with too. Maybe this is all pushing him towards that nation welcoming isekai characters . It's about the only one not actively angering him right now. He could just pull back to the demiplane. I know he wants to travel and learn about his parents though. And it probably is easier to ask for information when he's got a public identity to open some doors. But at this rate he's going to just want to go to war with everyone .