View Single Post
Old 2006-08-30, 17:53   Link #13
Wanderer
Goat

I'm another one of those people who is still just practicing Japanese in these raws. It'll be a long week waiting for LostBlue-sama and the rest of the WinD crew to sub this one.

But, whoa, after Meakashi-hen I did not expect a format like this... I had managed so far to not be spoiled as to which question arc Tsumihoroboshi-hen answers (though, since it is Rena-centric it seems like it answers Onikakushi-hen). I was expecting something like Meakashi-hen where we would see (more or less) the same events from someone else's perspective. Once again I have to give kudos to the Higurashi writer(s) for keeping me off balance.

And what a preview teaser! I love how one brief image can invoke so much anticipation. It looks like we're gonna actually see Rena's nasty looking knife put into action! Though, judging by Sushi-Y's response they're gonna skip a lot. Makes sense, considering they're only putting 5 episodes for Tsumihoroboshi-hen

Anyway, I'm really exited to see what's next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuin4
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Also, I've just seen Onikakushi-hen again recently and I've noticed a couple possible patterns for the trigger to K1's insanity.
Pattern 1- The more K1 hid from Rena and Mion, the more his level of insanity would increase.
Pattern 2- Every time K1 spoke with Ooishi, his level of insanity would increase.

In Onikakushi-hen, the whole thing is about secrets and trust. The less that K1 trusted Rena and Mion, the more nuts he would get. Whether it was with malice or not, Ooishi was always undermining that trust.

In Watanagashi-hen/Meakashi-hen, K1 trusted his friends until the very end. He believed in Mion even when he thought that Mion was a torturous murderer and was gonna kill him. Unlike K1 though, Shion mistrusted Mion and her family... and she went crazy. Takano was the one undermining Shion's trust this time.

As for Tatarigoroshi-hen, K1's trust of his friend's was never really questioned. What happened in Tatarigoroshi-hen I am pretty certain was a different thing than what happened in Onikakushi-hen. The only person I think who may have had the Onikakushi-hen "curse" was Satoko.

Now the question is: Is this mistrust another symptom of the "curse"? Or is it related to the cause?

Well I've written enough, and should stop now. Just one more thing:

Quote:
In Tsumihoroboshi arc, Rena became as Kenchi. Answer everthing in Onikakushi arc but as reverse situation.
I don't know how others might feel about it, but to me, this is a spoiler. I have been avoiding reading the yet-aired arc descriptions on wiki for this very reason.