View Single Post
Old 2006-10-21, 12:17   Link #280
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Oland's weaponary seems to be a handheld railgun.
Considering the age in which PS is set I think it's unlikely to be a railgun. Maybe a Gauss gun which is 19th century technology and a fore-runner of railguns.

Orland's weapon is a breech loaded single shot handgun and the cartridges look like artillery rounds, but it would need more than just a percussion behind it to penetrate tank armour. As Onizuka-GTO pointed out, it would also shatter Orland's wrist and probably dislocate his shoulder with the forces produced. But we can safely assume realism is not one of PS's goals here. If Orland can survive tank rounds, he'll certainly hold up to the recoil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackadaisical
Most animes that abandon the manga turn out rather bad. As there is, due to slower plot development, even less to work with in Pumpkin Scissors than in FMA alongside the lesser number of episodes, I'm curious as to whether Pumpkin Scissors will be any good overall or not.
Atsuhiro Tomioka, who is doing the series composition for PS, also did the script for Chrno Crusade, which as I recall, was completed before the manga finished like FMA. I think the general consensus is that Chrno Crusade was a good series, even though many did not like the bittersweet ending. I enjoyed Chrno Crusade a lot, it's a solid series and I see many similarities with Pumpkin Scissors. Which should give us some hope for a good resolution.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote