View Single Post
Old 2006-10-24, 10:16   Link #306
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerogue View Post
I've just seen Episode one, courtesy of GG fansubs.

This series seems to have a huge potential. Political controversy, crazy mecha fights, decent character designs, and a likable yet certificably insane lead.

First and foremost, I've been reading alot of comments in this thread bashing the way the mechas are built; I for one like them, they add a sense of flow and versatility that you can't get with gundam seed type mechas.

The moves on the Nightmares are simply astounding. *skates up two buildings does a backflip and spins*

Gundam seed tended to replay the same fight scenes over and over again throughout each episode; I have high expectations for this series, if the mecha battles follow suit we should be prepared for some pretty cool scenes.

Although the character designs resemble kira/athrun *they also have that whole childhood friends thing going on for them* the mentalities, actions, and personalities don't. I think that this series is going to have deeper, more heartwarming characters than gundam seed.

I like the chess analogies. Being a casual chess player myself, I can't pragmatically adhere to the whole 'if a king doesnt move his subjects won't follow' thing, but I still appreciate the insight this provides us to lelouch's world view.

The character designs are simply breathtaking. Sharp, flowy, sexy, cute, amazing; All and all this will be one of the series I will excitedly await this season. Hopefully it'll gain a bit more steam and get stickied to the Current Series thread listing.

BTW: The setting is fictional, no hard feelings; as a person who prides in being american, a term shrouded in ambiguity, I don't see how something so trivial could get on so many peoples' nerves. The blind nationalism, if anything, should rally <3 for lelouch's diabolical whims, not hate towards the anti-american producer of the anime.

Judge the anime, not the animators. If he wishes to vocalize his views towards America, more power to him. Regardless, I won't let something so stupid ruin a *hopefully consistently* great mecha show.

On another thought... GAAF I WANT SPEEDSUBS! This anime has been exalted by 4-5 prestigious anime bloggers, has a kickass op and ed, and has clamp character designs/sunrise animating it; HOW HAS IT ONLY ATTRACTED ONE FANSUBBING GROUP (although admittedly, I'm insanely grateful to gg for fansubbing)! IMO greyman is tried and true, action anime of the week; code geass has the potential to be something great, or intriguing at the very least. Ep 3 is out, and I can't bring myself to watch the raws! *seeing the scenes without knowing what theyre saying... just ruins it the second time, sort of spoils it without actually spoiling it*
Basically what he said. The two first eps of this series so far go above and beyond my expectations. Interesting characters, insanely well done combat scenes, etc. The very fact that the main character makes his mark through his tactics and scheming while the opposition gets to make usage of a such a strong and agile prototype mech definently has me wanting more.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote