View Single Post
Old 2006-10-27, 15:15   Link #1246
Zanaikin

hello, been lurking here for a while and hesitant to post due to all the flaming going on.

although I'd like to make a comment on that issue:
for people who has the time to watch shows even though they hate it, then come out just to bash it and rebuke the statements of kanon-loving fanboys (whether it be in the spirit of Haruhism or not):
-seriously, you got too much time on your hands, get a life.
-no watching a show for neo-kyon is not an adequate enough reason if you hate the show

and for ANN, I don't remember seeing that site rating any bishoujo anime as good, so I don't see why people would care what they say about kanon. So this genre just isn't the thing for those over at ANN, not that surprising.

I was one of the people who enjoyed Kanon '02, even though I realize how much of the story's potential they cut out. However it's because of '02 version that sparked my attention that I've been waiting for this '06 remake to get a deeper insight into the kanon chars/plot (I'm still far from meeting the Japanese language prerequistes for playing Kanon the game). So far I must say KyoAni has done a wonderful job at building up the details, a much more preferable choice for any drama-genre than to rush straight into the main events. For those bashing that kanon would take too long to 'become good' or get 'worth watching': it's not KyoAni's fault that most people nowadays have short attention spans and desire quick solutions to their boredom, any brilliantly executed story has to be built up from the ground... slowly (as long as it's not painstaking slow, which won't happen with only 24eps).

I have my faith in KyoAni that they will not disappoint all the kanon fans and produce a piece that people would be proud to claim as a true (or close enough) representation of the game (in contract to all the other crappy Eroge-to-anime series out there).
Zanaikin is offline   Reply With Quote