View Single Post
Old 2006-11-15, 14:59   Link #82
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNETTER2000 View Post
Valid point on the warranty, but that has nothing to do with risk and compatibility. The risk of playing a backup and damaging lasers remains.. even with an unmodded one
On the compatibility front: Games aren't "made to be compatible" with modchips.. They are just taken directly from the source DVD and made into ISO.. no patching, no nothing.. a modchip, unlike software, doesn't need patched games to play..

As I said.. take my word for it..

And since this is supposed to be a PS3 thread and not a "chipped is bad => swap is good" thread, and with the added info it is deemed illegal in some countries to modify a console and/or play backed up games on it, I will stop with further offtopic conversation.
Ah, I wasn't taking into consideration the laser thing at all.

Regarding patching; I suppose so, though I've yet to encounter a game that's needed patching to be compatible with SwapDisc. Unless you count rebuilding as patching, but that's possible with a single tool, unless you want to do it manually.

I was mainly pushing the SwapDisc + Magic Tools method on the premise of a unvoided warranty and (usually) a lesser cost.

On the original topic...

What do you guys think about the Sixaxis controller?
Do you think the motion detection will really make that big of a difference in games? Obviously it's not as versatile as the Wiimote. It'd probably be a dumb idea to use the PS2 controller like a racing wheel or even a light gun, unlike the Wiimote.

And what happens if you're lying down while playing? Is it going to force you to sit up straight? Bah.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote