View Single Post
Old 2006-11-21, 19:48   Link #976
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Japanese Man Downs The Mighty Manchester United

UEFA Champions League, Matchday 5
Celtic 1 - 0 Manchester United

Japanese import Shunsuke Nakamura wins it for his Scottish club Celtic and the lads are through the knockout stages of the prestigious European Cup FOR THE FIRST TIME in a game "NOBODY EXPECTED THEM TO WIN" even at home in Glasgow.

it all seemed hopeless for Celtic as Manchester United were in cruise control for most of the game until late into the match, Jarosik was fouled and there was a free kick chance which is virtually always left into the hands (rather, the feet of) Nakamura. it was EXACTLY the same spot as the first time the Celts and the Red Devils met on Matchday 1 which Nakamura converted, that's why i strongly felt Shunsuke wouldn't be able to deliver this time because ManU's Edwin van Der Sar would never allow it to happen again. but, oh. my. god. i let out a loud "whooooa-www" because i could not believe my eyes looking at the ball swishing into the back of the net. he did it again! HE FUCKIN DID IT AGAIN! HAHA! van Der Sar's a dodo! no, Nakamura's free kick was too perfect and too beautiful to stop for a mere mortal: a sweet curl right into the far top right hand corner of the goal. so there on the 81th minute, Nakamura fired a historic Champions League win while undoubtedly becoming a hero all over Scotland and in Europe, and in his hometown in Japan without a doubt. i danced and jigged in the early morning (it was 5:30 AM over here, and my outburst caused my mom to rise from sleep and rush into the living room in alarm asking what was wrong XD).

Louis Saha, Manchester United's deadliest gunner other than Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo, looked like he was possessed as he unbelievably missed two WIDE OPEN chances near the goal. either that, or credit goes to Celtic's other hero for the night, keeper Artur Boruc, for denying him those. Saha looked like he lost it when he thought he was offside clear of the Celtic defenders and waited for the ref's whistle which never came, only Boruc's defensive pounces. (i was annoyed when the live game briefly got cut in transmission right when ManUtd were offered a free kick.) next thing you know, Saha is readying for a penalty free kick! BUT BORUC *somehow* BLOCKED IT! SUPERB! STUPENDOUS OH MY GOD, what a superman! his saves tonights throughout the game were far sexier than my pretty boy Casillas over at Madrid! XD

holishit. the Scottish underdogs really are through! in THE biggest match of the night, against THE heavily favored British archrivals, Manchester United, in THE most prestigious cup in Europe.

shit.

"un-fucking-believable".

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XDDDDDDDDDDDD

other matches of the night...

Steaua 1-1 Dynamo Kyiv
Real Madrid 2-2 Lyon
Benfica 3-1 København
CSKA Moskva 0-2 Porto
Arsenal 3-1 Hamburg
Lille 2-2 Anderlecht
AEK 1-0 Milan

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.

Last edited by Dernhelm; 2006-11-21 at 20:22.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote