View Single Post
Old 2006-11-30, 19:43   Link #74
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
There have been plenty of amoral portagonists over the years as well. Too many. Besides the real world has enough of them why should there be more in ficiotn as well.
Exactly because there are many of them in the world - I for one like some degree of realism in the things I watch and "gray" antiheroes (or at least heroes with more flexible morality) are a lot more realistic than someone who would not do "a wrong thing" even if this endangers not only his life but the lives of all people around the world. But screw realism - it's also a lot more interesting to watch. In anime, idealistic do-gooders are everywhere, I am just tired of this archetype, I want to see something different. I am not fan of Lelouche by any means, he is unbearably arrogant, IMHO, but at least, unlike Suzaku, he is not totally predictable and boring.

Quote:
The seconds ending wouldn't acomplish anything other that appease the people who just want a dark ending.
So? Using the same logic we can say that a happy ending won't achieve anything but satisfy the people who want a happy ending. The only difference is that fans of happy endings happen to be a majority.

Quote:
I don't think I need to say I hope for the second but expect the first. :/
Yes, same here. I just hope the ending won't be as unbearably cheesy and happy and things won't go entirely in the way of the protagonists as in some other recent SUNRISE series.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote