View Single Post
Old 2006-12-12, 11:33   Link #205
HimuraKiyone
Editor Extrordinaire

Send a message via ICQ to HimuraKiyone Send a message via AIM to HimuraKiyone Send a message via MSN to HimuraKiyone Send a message via Yahoo to HimuraKiyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd View Post
I dunno, would be interesting to be able to hold one for a moment and give it a try. Really, the aging PS1 controller design has been showing its age for quite some time. Right now I'd rate the PS3 controller "acceptable." Everyone else is moving on, though.

If not the ergonomics, I'd like to see them at least tweak the button and analogue layout. That's assuming, of course, that next generation we don't see everyone moving towards controllers similar to the Wii.
Actually, I was happy to find out when I first held my new controller that the design was tweaked a little. The shape is absolutely the same. But the R2 and L2 triggers are actually trigger-like. They are not shaped like triggers, the button shape is the same. But they are no longer buttons. You can pull them back more, like a trigger. They release with a nice snap to them. It's very comfortable. As a note that is purely preference on my part, I wish that the color Sony chose for their new system was an orangey-red. I really liked the blue. Gomen red lovers!

@Lebron I've had no problems with mine yet. That is really weird. I'm assuming that it wasn't just the blue screen on the tv when nothing is playing to it? It was a different color than the bright tv blue? Do let us know if it happens again. That's what warrenties are for, ne? Oh, and do you have a PSN UN?
HimuraKiyone is offline   Reply With Quote