View Single Post
Old 2006-12-17, 09:07   Link #6
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Interesting. Is it weird that first that pops into my mind when I connect chinese + spy is Jong Quo Len Te Ling Ling 7 aka From Beijing With Love? XP

Even the main character, Hei looks a weeny bit like a young Stephen Chow back before his GoG days....what's with the eyes and hair and all....

Was it ever mentioned if DTB was inspired from any particular sources? Chinese to be more exact? I can't say too much about it, but the whole setting of spies using chinese colours as codes seems eeriely similar to an old chinese drama I've watched about 10 years back, similarly where a divided family of a scholar, traumatized girl servant, and beggar who answers to an emperor works behind the shadows as dark assassins using coloured hankerchiefs to differentiate themselves. I can't really remember much besides that, other than the servant being smitten with the main bad guy, and there was a whole slew of chinese mystical arts with magic circles that seem almost voodooish in nature.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.