View Single Post
Old 2007-01-25, 01:47   Link #13
Seiryuu

Wasn't expecting them to drag that song back, but it does fit the scene. And at least they got it out of the way early and in a more colorful way. No better than the last series' method to show the roundoff, but more amusing at least. And, while I REALLY wish they'd do a Negima that keeps more of what's so great about the manga, I do think it was a good idea to finish the contracts now. Any earlier would have strained the plot to the point that even the current level of absurdity couldn't support it, but any later would mean they couldn't properly present all the different cards. After all, I'd heard more than a few people complain after the end of version 1 that they only got to see a couple moments of their favorite character in contract mode. Let's just hope the last ep doesn't involve a simultaneous activation of all contracts and the accompanied cacophany of 29 girls screaming with pleasure in perfect unison. This is fun for a joke series, but some of these jokes can only be taken so far.