View Single Post
Old 2007-02-06, 07:54   Link #129
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

There were some nice posts up there...things where i never thought about.

I think Leadership can be divided into a few segments such as:

- Follow him/her by the rules
- Follow him/her by his/her insperation
- Folllow him/her because of his strenght

Sometimes you dont have a choice...it's been decided that....Shikamaru should lead (Sasuke chase) however they didnt want to follow his lead because they didnt knew he could pull it off...but because of the rules they had no choice.

Now Naruto is a person who is followed because he inspires people (Hinata for example) i think that is also a great ability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu
That's a good basis to form a capable leader on, but I'd rather follow someone who was smart rather than charismatic especially if my life was at stake.
I think soldiers/leaders of the past (think about Braveheart, Gladiator, Troy) also struggled with that but in the end chose for a charismatic leader.

Think about it (Paper test, 1st Exam) you can follow smart leaders but leaders who take away your fear (Naruto) can give you more strenght.

Sooner or later (perhaps already) is the person with the most experience of his generation going to be Naruto. And it's unlikely that such a person needs to deal with barriers such as a low IQ. Being smart & knowlegde are two different things.

I am positive that Shikamaru is smarter then 3rd or the Sannin. But their knowlegde is way too much of a difference. A factor which is most important in battle.