View Single Post
Old 2007-03-16, 02:22   Link #86
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
As far as I know there is no company called KyoAni on paper to begin with, so by that logic there is no such thing as KyoAni Caliber Animation. Mind Taking! Apparently this company Kyoto Animation however may in fact be affiliated with Sunrise. Here's the business plan as it exists officialy for this Kyoto Animation Company http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/data...ny_gaiyou.html . I couldn't turn up anything on a KyoAni though.

If we're going to nitpick, then to paraphrase you, there's no such company called "Sunrise" on paper to begin with either. That little incorporated makes all the difference, it appears. ~_^

That said, I can relate to where your apathy is coming from. The rather... excessive... amount of fanboyism for KyoAni (or, if you prefer, Kyoto Animation), that stemmed from the proliferation of fans for Haruhi can be a tad trying at times. Still, I approach this particular announcment, that of Clannad TV, as more of a fan of Key & KyoAni together than as a fan of KyoAni alone. I can't say I've ever watched anything of theirs which I haven't enjoyed, but their best works, in my opinion, have been those adaptations of Visual Arts/key's work into the animated medium.

Still. I'll watch Lucky Star & Haruhi/2 as well. Because, well, you know.... it's **KyoAni**

-Andiyar