View Single Post
Old 2007-03-19, 10:54   Link #15
Tatsumiko
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756 View Post
It's more that people were expecting a lot out of Disgaea 2, but it was barely an improvement at all over Disgaea 1, it was just more of the same. But if you want to get into the nitty gritty, here are a list of things that If found to be more of an annoyance in 2:

-on average, unit movement is lower in 2 than in 1
-you have to transmigrate to get higher classes, which finally gives a reason to get intermediate classes, but stretches out the length of time to get the final classes
-there are walking geo symbols now, can be a huge annoyance, but more often than not can be ignored
-pirates are way too high level sometimes, so if they appear early in the game, prepare for a quick exit out of that floor
-I prefered statisticians to the new felony system, especially since both cap at 300 but you could see when you had 300 statisticians on a character, the felony display caps at 99 (but the counter keeps rising)
-in terms of short range weapons, swords are still too good
-random map generation seems to be worse in 2 (way more height variances), and they are really ugly compared to those in 1. To be honest, I'm not sure about the map generation, it's just a feeling I get.
-the green gates more often than not just make dungeon crawling longer, as half the time there isn't anything good in them
-still way too much level grinding
-story is less interesting in 2, and the characters are less interesting (matter of personal preference really)

Good things in 2:
-guns and bows are now balanced out (guns can only hit line of sight, bows are still radial)
-mages are still really good early game (early game snipers)
-healers gain exp when healing (really needed this)
-reverse damage tiles finally let your healers kill things

When you look at that list of changes, most of them are just very minor tweaks, and a lot of why people don't prefer 2 is because of the "been there, done that" feeling.
Now thats an anwser ^^...thank you...I just really like Laharl X3..but I saw he was just a guest character in 2...so that made me a little upset..but thats also a matter of personal preference ^-^
Tatsumiko is offline   Reply With Quote