View Single Post
Old 2007-03-27, 22:19   Link #341
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
InuYasha is not really a good example of KyoAni's production values as it is a joint effort between several companies (Sunrise being one of them). When people were commenting on KyoAni making Kanon as their first 2-cour series, they were referring to the fact that it would be their first, on their own.
Yet FMP Fumoffu and FMP: TSR are both 12 and 13 episodes long, which is exactly the same as a two cour series. The only difference is that they didn't do them one right after the other. Also, it seems KyoAni did a series called I'm Gonna Be an Angel in 1999 and it was two cour's long (26 episodes).

The point I'm really trying to make here is that Kyoto Animation isn't a bunch of noobies to the animation field. They have the experience of doing a number of shows and while they don't usually do multi cour shows there is no reason to think they couldn't do it and do it well. They just haven't been doing them, for whatever reason.

Still, I'm not sure anyone was talking about KyoAni doing the rest of FMP as single run of shows making up two, three or four cours. We've tossed around a lot of different ideas on how it could be done (a few pages back) but no one knows if KyoAni is even going to do more FMP, let alone if they do how many cours they might want to try it in (seeing they may want to try doing the show via OVA's or they way they have done it up to now, in cours/seasons split apart by years).

The main thing issue the last few pages has been when and/or if will KyoAni will do more FMP and if they do can they do it while doing another show. IMO, if they wish to KyoAni can do FMP while doing other shows and the truth may be that they already are doing it. Personally, I think they are probably working on more than two shows as we speak - they just haven't announced what else they are doing. The reason I think that is I don't believe that KyoAni could have just now decided to do Clannad for the Fall. They had a full blown trailer to air after Kanon ended which says to me that they've got part of the show animated already. They may not have a lot of Clannad done but they seem to already be working on it and are past the pre-production stage.

So the point I'm trying to make here is that saying we aren't going to be seeing any more FMP because KyoAni can't handle doing more than what they are already doing is flawed reasoning. IMO if KyoAni wanted to do it, they could do it. The problem is do they want to do it now and should they do it now? There in lies a big issue. FMP doesn't seem to be popular enough to get fast tracked, so KyoAni probably will hold off doing it. There is also a issue of "is there any demand in Japan to do more FMP?" We know there are fans of the show on this board but I'm not sure how well FMP actually does when it airs on TV in Japan. No one is going to make more animated FMP if it isn't making money. I'm personally wondering how much demand there is to do more animated FMP at this point in Japan but that's a question I've not heard a good answer for so far .
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote