View Single Post
Old 2007-03-30, 04:56   Link #112
wao
OK.

OK, I watched it. But of course I have to blather on about it! It's the first episode after all. I always talk lots of crap on the first episode.

Like I guessed, more than intense and detailed character animation we got treated to some excellent composition and an amazing piece of work in general.

Spoiler for blah blah I love eyecandy blah blah:

I think what I like greatly so far is the good mix between the epic storyline but also the painstakingly detailed world and background design.
Spoiler for etc:

Of course, I love Barusa - I was very pleasantly surprised by her attitude! Truly a world-wise person.
Spoiler for z0mg!:

I never thought I'd enjoy the script of the show so much, but I ended up finding much delight in hearing (and seeing) the levels of formality within the show.
Spoiler for and so on:

...and now I've forgotten the rest of what I wanted to say, which is in fact perfectly fine since I've yapped on enough.

One last thing though, I still still still wish they had an instrumental opening... *grumbles* I guess I wasn't expecting such an upbeat/light mood to the show. Same goes with the music, maybe I'm spoiled by Kunihiko Ryo or I'm just biased against Kenji Kawai (this is true I think), but I didn't think it matched up to the rest of the show. But that's okay, this is already pretty great as it is.

And now let's just hope they keep it up.