View Single Post
Old 2007-04-10, 13:50   Link #67
Asianknight82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni Zeke View Post
This actually just reminded me of a problem/frustration I've had with part 2. In part 1, Jiraya kept preaching that Naruto needed to learn to control Kyuubi's power and use it willingly, and I assume that's what he was training Naruto to do during the timeskip. Then post-timeskip, suddenly Naruto is not supposed to use Kyuubi anymore. It makes the training with Jiraya look like kind of a waste of time.

Now people want to talk about how Naruto needs to get stronger without using Kyuubi's power at all. Why? I think it should be an asset. People can say he's less Naruto and more Kyuubi as the amount of power he uses increases, but the point is that he's supposed to be learning to control more and more of that power so that he IS still Naruto as the amount of Kyuubi chakra he uses increases. If he can't control level 4, then shouldn't he be working toward controlling it? Furthermore, why does not being able to control level 4 mean that he suddenly can no longer use levels 1-3, which he CAN control? Again, it makes me wonder what the point of Jiraya's training was. It would have been really cool to see something like Naruto using chakra arms to draw his opponent inward so that he can use Rasengan or fart in his face or something, but NOOO. No Kyuubi power at all now.

In summary, I think that if Kishimoto wanted to take the Kyuubi-less route, then he shouldn't have had Jiraya do all that talking about how Naruto needs to learn to control it and how he'll teach Naruto to do it. If Naruto was not intended to use Kyuubi, then why not just have Jiraya to train Naruto to become stronger without Kyuubi during the timeskip? Surely, the fruits of such training would be more useful now than the Kyuubi training was.
because Kishimoto all of a sudden decided that using kyuubi at lvl 4 would mean Naruto drastically shortening his life span...
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote