View Single Post
Old 2007-04-17, 13:23   Link #2
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Any measures taken to control firearms must be practically useful, otherwise they are merely harassment.

Renting or loaning guns wouldn't have any practical effect that I can imagine. It certainly wouldn't have stopped the tragedy at Virginia Tech.

The US has many gun laws that are purported to make people safer, but in actuality only exist to harass gun owners. The recently expired "Assault Weapons Ban" law is a good example: Gun owners were left to wonder if they were in violation of the law just for owning a gun with the wrong sort of bolt! In actuality, what the law did was ban certain guns that, though functionally the same as a hunting rifle, merely looked scary, or ban guns manufactured with certain features that made them SAFER.

Registration sounds good, but it doesn't stop shootings, and it is the first step toward mass confiscation (violating the second amendment).

I haven't seen any GOOD gun control laws in a long, long time--and the good ones were generally just better enforcement of other existing laws. I won't say some one can't come up with some, though.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote