View Single Post
Old 2007-05-02, 13:03   Link #81
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Sadly, it means that many works will just remain "our little secret" as foreign readers. OTOH... it may be that a very small outfit like SevenSeas might be interested (given some of their other recent niche acquisitions).
I was also thinking that a small company might want to license it... my first thought came to CMX, which made me shudder (they got a hold of my beloved Hitsuji no Namida!). But still, it'd be better than nothing.

Actually, I vowed some years ago that I would never buy Englishified manga again. (The original Japanese counterparts are cheaper, and they force me to translate.) The only reason I care whether titles get licensed or not is... I need to rant about series to people. It really sucks knowing one great series and not having anyone to talk about it with (see my thread: Posutaru WORK - I bet you anything that there are no replies). Anyways, that's my lame reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I'm 90% sure an anime by Square Enix was licensed just recently. I wanna say it was Higurashi, but I know that's not it. Grr... I can't remember which one it was...
Recently, I don't know (I don't keep track of that stuff ). But wasn't Kingdom Hearts a Square Enix title? It drew popularity from the games, of course, but the fact remains that it's SE, so I would suppose that KH would open the window to other SE titles? Non?

Edit: Alright alright, CMX isn't that bad. I just have an unreasonable, irrational grudge against it. :P
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote