View Single Post
Old 2007-05-14, 11:09   Link #75
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
You must have missed Tsukihime then. And why should a series' followers have any influence over one's opinion of a show. At all. That's crazy, IMO.

Anyway, with that said, I'm not sure why everyone has gone head-over-heels for this show, since I don't think it's done anything all that special so far. It's mildly interesting and enjoyable, but hardly ranks among the better titles this season, or the better titles in this genre. Anyway, I'm seeing a whole heap of similarities between this and Tsukihime, and so far I'd say the latter has Sola beat in pretty much every department: more enigmatic characters, more engaging mystery, more dense, layered atmosphere, better execution and direction, etc, etc. I know I'm going to offend people with this comment, but, as much as I hate to say it, it just feels like Sola is coming off as a poor man's Tsukihime to this stage.

With that said, I don't dislike this show, I just think people are getting a little over-enthusiastic about it, in my eyes.
Not all have seen Tsukihime, as being one I can't say if everything is shown already there or "better", but I'm thinking what then if Tsukihime has presented similarities before. Sure there's room for another one and I also believe this is not last time. Maybe I check it some day, but untill then I'm enjoying Sola fully.