View Single Post
Old 2007-06-02, 04:27   Link #196
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Listen to me, VERY carefully...

They can CHOOSE whether anot to use which ever TYPE of damage. And MOST of the time, it's USUALLY a mixed of BOTH.

That means, IF they want to use PHYSICAL damage, they CAN do so and it would result in a bloody mess.
I'm going to stop quoting everything and get back to the source of what started this discussion. Chaos, don't take this personally, this is aimed at everyone. You're just the unlucky chap who's post I quoted.

If I recall, this 'physical damage/soul damage' thing started after Teana survived two direct hits from Nanoha, seemingly without even single scrath on her body. This sparked discussion because there was absolutely no damage to be seen, this is also when people dragged up the other incidents where this happened and decided to explain it by going with the soul/spirit/linker whatever you want to call it damage. The only reason this started was to explain why people could survive direct hits without a scratch.

Everyone still with me so far? Good, let's continue.

Now, let me ask you, how much evidence do we have that this so called 'non-physical damage' exists? None. 'But Keroko, look at Fate! Look at Teana! They survived direct hits from powerfull beam blasts without a scratch! It can't be physical damage!' Why not? During A's Nanoha and Fate get tossed through buildings regularely, and get out without a scratch. Are you saying that getting tossed through a building is 'non-physical damage' as well? No, obviously that is physical damage, and yet both Nanoha and Fate get up, clutch a random body part in pain and get back to fighting, despite the fact that there is not a single surface wound.

So we've established that beams deliver physical damage, purely because there is no evidence stating otherwise. So how do we explain that people keep getting hit and comming out without a scratch? Well, instead of looking at the ofensive and start theorycrafting, let's look at it's direct oposite: Defense. There are many types of defense, and most are outwardly defending the blow before it hits the body. Shields, fields, barriers, we've been through them, and nobody used them during the incidents mentioned. But they still have one more layer of defense, one that is a lot less dramatic, yet we can't imagine our doom-girls without them: Barrier jackets. Is it not possible for a barrier jacket to nullify, or at least extremely reduce, the impact of a beam of destruction? We know they are defensive material, it has been mentioned multiple times. So why do we ignore them as if they don't exist? Why can't it be possible that it is not the beam, but the defense in question that makes sure people don't get a single scratch?

Think about it. It makes more sense, and has a lot less unproven theories in it.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-06-02 at 04:44.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote