View Single Post
Old 2007-06-02, 21:21   Link #149
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The original character designer Yun Kouga, is a super-popular shoujo manga artist from the 80s, and the scenario writer is Yousuke Kuroda.
Anyone remotely familiar with anime writers should know his name. During the 90s, there was a period when he was writing like every other anime airing, and people made jokes about there being multiple Kurodas around.

The thing about Kuroda is though... he's godly when he writes men-oriented drama like Gun Grave, Trigun, and Scryed as well as depressing stuff like Ryvius... but when he does cutesy moe anime like Mao-chan, it's total and utter crap.

I used to read Yun Kouga manga ages ago, and I enjoyed a lot of good anime with Kuroda writing, so I'm definitly looking forward to this combination.

Producer is Takeda as usual, and the narration is Tooru Furuya (voice of Amuro from the original Gundam). Animation character design is Kenichi Yoshida, of Eureka 7 and King Gainer fame. However, he kept much of the design faithful to the original Yun Kouga design, rather than redesigning to his own style.