View Single Post
Old 2007-06-03, 12:36   Link #13
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
News of the millennium!... or not.

I don't disagree that the timing could potentially be very poor if Kanon and Air are sold concurrently for the reasons mentioned in this thread, which makes me think that ADV don't see either titles as being big winners outside of a very niche market that have already seen them. Which is a pity, since they're probably not going to be marketed in such a way that their exposure or fanbase is going to grow a great deal thanks to this (possible) license. I'm also ruing the fact that it's ADV. Of the three major N.A. licensing companies, ADV is the one I trust the least. I'd sleep far more comfortably if this were in the hands of Geneon or Funi.

Nonetheless, this is one of those titles that doesn't lend itself very easily to an English dub (although, admittedly, Air is probably a far greater challenge to dub than this is). Thus, I don't have terribly high expectations for the dub. Oh well, if it does eventuate, I'll certainly buy it.
If they really on the fans of the anime on the internet to buy it, won't it pretty much just sell itself. Like a Key fan walks into a store and see's Air or Kanon or both, "Get". Also fans of Key's games in the west are likely to buy both at the same time. I bought Final Fantasy III DS and Final Fantasy XII at the same time and they were released within two days of each other in a rather poor decision for Final Fantasy III DS's sales....then again FF has higher name recognition than Kanon or Air. It'll come down to the fans and I think they are pretty hardcore enough to buy both at the same time. It depends on how many of them there really are in the West.