View Single Post
Old 2007-06-09, 23:25   Link #121
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
*Demongod has met his match

Seriously, I would want CE to just be bookshelved enough to make its fans more mature.
Met my match? Sorry, I'm just a fan of characters that are likable as people and not just as anime characters, and also a fan of characters with a brain between their ears that can do more than beamspam. And Kira and Lacus in that respect deliver. THAT is why I like the CE. I think Kira rocks, and Lacus is as close as you can come to being a goddess without actually having a license from Yggdrasil.

I'm also an Illidan fanboy, Sephiroth fanboy, a Belldandy fanboy, a Yuna fanboy, a Tifa fanboy, a Saber fan, and a Rider fanboy. Only a Saber fan because outside of battle she's largely useless.

GSD was not a bad anime by any means. Yes, it was perhaps the first gundam where the first main character was a complete mess and a PHAILURE, but this is why you fall back on what works and bring back goddess and her knight in even better shining armor!

Seriously, if you're looking for a million and one good characters, go read a damn book and get bored to death by the subtleties and throw down GRRM's game of thrones on page 269 because he's boring as shit. If you're watching gundam, pretty much accept that not everyone will have spectacular characterization but at least there'll be plenty of beam spamming and gundam girls. But hey, when it comes to the ultimate definition of good guys, nothing beats the super shiny ship the archangel, a dragon of space with the same color as a pink-haired goddess's hair, commanded by said goddess that also turns gundams into heaven's (or Lacus's) personal bringers of justice (or as WD likes to call it, just-us). And so long as you're willing to take it all in good fun like me, you can just sit back and wave your Kira and Lacus flag all day long .