View Single Post
Old 2013-05-21, 09:08   Link #7
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I don't know about that. They achieved a grim/serious mood in the first episode, but everything became fairly light-hearted after that. Because they achieved it in the first episode my thinking is that this isn't the joke series that so many are making it out to be, and that we're experiencing a "calm before the storm." Nobody can say for certain, though.
I agree with you in the sense that even though I think the overall mood is light-hearted, there are certain moments that drive the seriousness up. I have a hard time adapting to the constant change in mood at first but eventually I can identify them and that greatly increased my enjoyment of the show.

Catching those transition points and knowing when the show is being serious or comedic is the best way to enjoy this. I can see why there are people who can't change what they expect out of this show and end up being dissapointed about it.

Personally, Valvrave is my favourite anime this season and my favourite among the 3 mecha shows in which I like all three of them.