View Single Post
Old 2007-08-22, 20:56   Link #1096
Chudley
Silver-eyed Lion King

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Chudley - When you make a pact with people to fight toward a certain goal together you just can't turn your back on them when it becomes inconvenient and call yourself the leader of a rebellion...Simple as that...And to do this at the most critical "win-lose" juncture of the battle, it's just not defensible...
As stated from my earlier post, Lelouch became the leader of a rebellion in order to create a better world for Nunally. Do you honestly think his true purpose was to liberate Japan? Sure liberating Japan was what he promised the OoBK, however it was just a stepping stone to his goal. Furthurmore, Lelouch already made it clear to us in episode 25 that he is fighting for Nunally's sake and with Nunally gone, what's the reason for all his fighting up till now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
And that's what I'm objecting too...You can't lead and totally disregard your entire fighting force for anything...Again he did NOTHING...If your gonna search for Nunully, call a commander, bark out some last second orders, don't just let everyone DIE...Everyone who believed in you...everyone who believed in the world you wanted to create for Nunully..Just let them all die because your going thru an emotional crisis?? If you were on that battlefield fighting for Zero the explanation you just made would mean nothing to you...
You said that a commander cannot lead and totally disregard his troops for anything, yet you failed to consider the fact that Nunally is Zero's Raison d'etre. This is code geass, where this man Zero is fighting a war against Britannia for his sister's sake, not for Japanese liberation. The fact is that in Zero's eyes, the OoBK and Japanese liberation amount to nothing compared to Nunally. Besides if you were an OoBK member, would you place all your hopes, beliefs and trust into a man whose face you have never seen before, a man whom you know aint Japanese and a man whose true agenda is unknown? I certainly wouldnt, but this is anime and thats what the OoBK did and as much as I hate to say it, they had it coming.

Last edited by Chudley; 2007-08-22 at 23:06.
Chudley is offline   Reply With Quote