View Single Post
Old 2009-08-29, 11:01   Link #85
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
No, it is not about the infertile part I would say these metaphor only prooves he likes Mikuru, but not he dislake Haruhi. He says he don't like her pretty much every book, yet we knows this is not true (because how he acts in pretty much every book).
Kyon, imo, has a love/hate relationship with Haruhi. She both annoys him, and excites him. He tends to focus on the former... but every now and then, he'll admit the latter, at least to himself.

I personally prefer this interpretation of his character over the idea that he's almost constantly lying to himself.

But, I won't deny that the "constantly lying to himself" theory is more popular within the Haruhi fandom. I respect that it's the dominant theory even if I don't quite buy into it myself.

Quote:
I agree with you here. I would say, however, he is/was annoyed/angry with Haruhi at that momment. She was being a bitch during this book anyway. However, ist not like he hated her before (he acts natural at book3 and really seens to like her at the end of Melancholly). He also forgived her after Live A Live (that happened just after).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
But it's Volume 2 guys. Y'know, the "worst" of the series. Of course even the best characters act the worst in it.
These quotes are both true. It's true that his narration is at its harshest in Sighs.