View Single Post
Old 2008-11-19, 17:14   Link #15
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
finally this episode came i was waiting ever since i read it in the manga...

i have to argue with that comments... yea blackstar is strong but he still a dick... i dont really see maka as the goody two shoes at all... if u pay attention she is the only one who has to struggle to become strong..even though she started off in the series almost making soul a death scythe? how ironic that she is one of the weakest now? but im only saying that cuz i like maka more then blackstar... i would say out of all the pairs he has to be my 4th favorite..
Weakness is a matter of perspective. What Maka lacks in physical strength, she makes up for in other ways. Which is one of the reasons why she and Black Star didn't get on here. Maka is determined to succeed because she wants to protect people. For the most part all Black Star is determined to do is become powerful. Period.

I can see why Maka, who has a goal that's on occasion put her own safety at risk for the sake of others, finds Black Star's apparent single-mindedness so aggravating. Neither of them reacted well here, but I'm with Maka on this one.