View Single Post
Old 2009-08-30, 15:57   Link #68
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Regarding Koizumi, it kind of makes Kyon more special, if you think about it.
Oh, I definitely get that. And, as such, story-wise/thematic-wise, it may be good that Koizumi is the way that he is. I just don't think that it's a good way to be; basically, yes, the story forces him to be that way, but that still doesn't let him off the hook entirely, imo.

I'm actually not convinced that Haruhi wouldn't listen to Koizumi or Yuki if they spoke up against her; I mean, I think that she'd give them as much heed as she does Kyon anyway. Actually, Haruhi seems to hold Koizumi in a slightly better light than the rest of the Brigade - he's officially the 2nd-in-Command after her, correct?

Perhaps Koizumi's only crime is underestimating his own ability to influence Haruhi. I don't think that she's attached to him as much as she is to Kyon, but I do think that she respects Koizumi a fair bit, and likes him as a friend.

I will say this in fairness to Koizumi, though; his entire organization seems to believe that constant appeasement is the only way to go when it comes to handling Haruhi. So, it's possible that he doesn't agree with that, but has to go along with the organization's wishes anyway.

Quote:

Personally, I don't think she is one. This is subjective, both because the definition of tsundere may vary from person to person and because people see her in a different light.
But I think that even if she has a side that is dere for Kyon, I don't really see her that tsun. She doesn't like to show that she has romantic feelings or that she's affected by Kyon in such a way, yes. But she never really goes out of her way to hurt Kyon in any way. As I said before, he's the only person she'll listen to and who can stop her.. If she were a tsundere, wouldn't she listen even less to what he has to say? I don't think so.
There's some embarassment in her relationship with Kyon, maybe because she regards it as a weakness. But it's not denial.
Lastly, I think there are many other character traits, so that even if she is tsundere for Kyon, it does not define her entire personality.
Great points. I agree.