View Single Post
Old 2008-01-07, 06:49   Link #46
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sempai View Post
MKV has always been a crap shoot for me. I prefer the safety of hard coded subtitles. But Sony just gave us a reason to use Xvid or divx. The PS3 now has Divx compatibility. Which oddly enough means xvid compatibility. So I now have the joy of watching my anime on my 42" plasma screen in 1080p. So I went out an bought a 4 gig thumbrive just so I could transfer shows. It is so great. Sitting on my couch and enjoying my large screen tv with surround sound. Everything plays smoothly. The only problem some fansubbers insist on MKV. So I will have to start transcoding those. Boooooo

So for all those fansubbers out there. Its a big reason to use Divx. I know hardsubs may be more difficult. But you know for my anime events I run I could have all my anime transcoded and be gauranteed to work. And it will only cost me $400 per room I use. Wooooooo Hoooo.
Psh that's being a nub right there, I just hook up my PC Or laptop to my 42 incher and don't have to worry about transfering to a thumbdrive or anything I can even use my desktop through the freaking giant screen much better :P
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote