View Single Post
Old 2010-06-12, 10:50   Link #208
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
This is too much. I think it's just a fixed point in the resets. It's a fixed occurrence, but to even surmise she dropped it because she wanted to see him reflects a characteristic of Watashi we've not seen at all. Her innocence brims through the episodes and sheer deliberation such as that is not like her at all.
I was thinking that too but years of reading and watching TV is telling that I must invoke Occam's Razor for this cliche. It's a cliche and a rather effective one at that, despite being a show that tends to avoid most cliches of the genre (assuming you could assign a genre to the series as I've yet to myself). It's a simple explanation for something I highly doubt was a chance occurrence, and I think many of us can agree that her losing the Mochiguman is yet another coincidence in a list of coincidences.

That and given Akashi's usual matter-of-fact approach to everyone and Akashi to the point of bluntness, one would assume she wouldn't resort to such, but her talk with Watashi after revealing the truth of Keiko tells me she isn't always as up front as her usual behavior implies, especially with Watashi. Her first thanking of Watashi in that corridor after saving her was a simple thank and run that suggests her embarrassment. The way she couldn't drop the entire Keiko facade, even if she had her own intentions, and her rather roundabout and embarrassed way of explaining the truth to him also suggests there are things she can't explain well to him.

Quote:
Hello, Captain Obvious! It's been quite palpable from the outset with how she treats him different from the other guys. She pushes away most of the other men wanting to know her, but talks freely with Watashi. This was even before the significance of the Mochiguman gained credence through the episodes.
Some people refuse to accept the truth until it's shoved in their faces.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote