View Single Post
Old 2012-06-25, 17:17   Link #1268
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Saw that last bit coming, funnily enough. The moment Teiichi claimed Okonogi was the one to tidy things up in the room, for some reason, gave it away (not the "Open me and I'll curse you!" box part at the end, bizarrely ) - and despite 'CHOIR JAIL' being played in the background...yeah

When I read the blurb of TOxA back in March, I figured it would be a serious drama of how Yuuko regained her memories and moved on - it partly was, but in between came some of the funniest moments I will ever see from a ghost story anime (which mostly involved Yuuko doing her very best to glomp Teiichi as hard as she could)

Seemed to have the right mix of humour, drama and horror to keep things going right to the end - and the last episode in itself felt just right in terms of doing those last things before finally saying goodbye (though admittedly, as nice as it was to see, the last few minutes seemed like a cop-out to keep the TeiichixYuuko fanboys happy ).

For that (and the series as a whole)...9/10. Not perfect, but still a high quality viewing experience
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote