View Single Post
Old 2010-12-05, 18:49   Link #1105
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Hm, now that you point it out... One of the most obstinate fanfic clichés has always been that Heero is as sensitive as a piece of rock. People believing that usually tend to forget about the scene in which Heero was playing with those dogs or how he bade farewell to Relena.
This is one of the things that bugs me the most, too. He's not unemotional; he's just got hella self control.
Quote:
Other clichés include Duo having bratty kids,..
Like wzs said... canon now XD
Quote:
It would make sense that Heero would be more relaxed as kid and go sulky after his parents died. Trauma and stuff, you know?
But I think you got Heero mixed up with Trowa in this case. I don't know where I read it and I don't know if there's even solid evidence for it (untraceable interviews ftw) but a lot of people have mentioned that Trowa was supposedly more energetic as kid but became withdrawn later. It was tied into the grand rape victim debate, to prove one way or another. Never got a satisfying end
In case you aren't though, I beg your pardon.
lol... wat. Trowa a rape victim? Now THAT'S some silly hurt-comfort yaoi fangirl BS if I ever heard some.

The main difference between Heero and Trowa (as I've had a huge discussion with someone before) is that while Heero doesn't need any kind of name to value his sense of self- only his personal experiences that have shaped who he is- Trowa is the opposite; he bases his self upon the value of having a name, rather than his experiences, which is what leads to his ID crises.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote