View Single Post
Old 2010-06-06, 03:40   Link #26
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

He didn't look dead. I think he went to look for Hei when he found out about the hit, missed the fight, found the casualties, and then ran back only to find more bodies and the baby.

He seemed to be crying, his tears mixed with rain drops. His village was wiped out. Amagiri had nothing left. All he had worked for was gone, the sanctuary was destroyed. The future he wanted was gone. The sight of the baby seemed to put him in a catatonic state.

I wonder if he tried to shield the mother and baby and that's why Yin stopped. May have spared him for being selfless. This would make him a selfless contractor, an anomaly. He wasn't being "rational." He's evolving.

Claude mentions that since the contractors were living in peace and security, they came to the rational conclusion that they should reproduce. They had the means, resources, time, and safety to start a family. So they did so.

The baby could become an important character given his origins. Claude mentions he doesn't have any powers but that doesn't really matter 'cause powers don't manifest at birth, usually. The only that did manifest them at birth or at a very young age was Shion, I think. In season 2, I think they make that point about him.

Last edited by mechalord; 2010-06-06 at 03:54.