View Single Post
Old 2006-04-13, 18:46   Link #11
Asphyxiate
Blob

Personally I don't believe shooting a person could be justified if they say...gave you the finger.

Quote:
I would partially agree, however, the concept of civil disobedience has made a significant impression on the current society. The main flaw in your argument is that not all laws are made for the good of the whole. Governments, and beaurocracies in particular can easily become corrupt or overcomplicated. This is where petitioning is sopposed to come in, however, we are quickly becoming populated by a majority who would rather live in a brave new world than assume any social responsibility.
Yes that is true, there are some laws that are not made for the good of the whole however I think that would primarily apply to relatively minor things, not to felony related charges or even to speed limits. However I believe that even if the laws in place were not for the greater good, they should still be respected until they are changed. I think the main idea that I'm trying to say is, if you disregard one law, will you not try to apply the same thought to yet another? And this will result in a chain reaction. When I'm referring to these laws I'm thinking by the US legal process, not of those in dictator states and such.

It's not that I'm against civil disobedience, I just believe you must accept the responsibilities. We as a whole need a reality check I think, rather then the laws themselves. Every action has a reaction, and people need to understand that, without standardized law there will be chaos. :Upset:

Of course I could be grasping what you are trying to say incorrectly and if that's the case then you have my apologies.I've had so much work dumped on me in preparation of finals and APs that I my ability to comprehend things correctly decided to take a day off.
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote