View Single Post
Old 2007-09-30, 18:02   Link #148
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Could I have a little more info on when that happened? I doubt it's what you think it is.
Original series, episode 10, somewhere in the middle. It was the wording that struck me as really strange. If she'd just said "You don't remember me?", that would be one thing, and would fit with the excuse she gave that they'd met in passing a couple times on the street. But what she actually said implies that she had enough contact with him previously for him to have given his name, and that he's forgotten her more than once. Given Keiichi's complete lack of recognition, I have a hard time believing she had that much prior contact with him in that arc.

Another thing that makes me suspicious is Takano's reactions last episode while she was talking with her subordinates about the burned corpse they subbed for her. When the Yamainu first told her about the time-of-death screwup, she seemed totally relaxed and unsurprised, and she sounded completely certain how the police would react to the discrepancy. The only thing that did throw her off her stride was finding out Rika had predicted the cause of death correctly (which she never knew about in any previous arcs), and it triggered a flurry of defensive moves on her part (increasing the Yamainu guard on Rika's house, trying to pin her down, and having Okonogi call her to plant suspicion about Irie). If it's just simple arrogance making her overconfident about the police, why is she suddenly and intensely concerned about a ten-year-old girl nobody is going to believe, who is going to be dead in 24 hours and doesn't know the corpse is fake anyway?

Again, maybe I'm reading too much into little things. But, I think it would give this arc a nice symmetry if Rika and Takano are finding out they're each other's opponents at the same time, and it would set up an epic confrontation for Matsuribayashi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic
I just looked back through the manga, and it looks like she was referring to when they met at the hospital.
When did this meeting happen, and why did Takano lie about it if that's what she was referring to?