View Single Post
Old 2007-12-31, 08:11   Link #270
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Quick question who here thinks Nanaka's bio dad knew he was Nanaka's father before he passed away
He almost certainly did. Otherwise, a confession along the lines of "Oh, by the way, I slept with your wife before you were married, over ten years ago. And no, nothing came of it." doesn't seem to be particularly necessary. Besides, there's other clues like counting the months before Nanaka's birth and her appearance. If the teacher suspected, but didn't know for certain, it'd make sense for him to have confirmed it with Nanaka's mother before his deathbed confession.

Quote:
Second which i have already taken flack for. I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR THE MUSIC TEACHER. He hid the truth till his dying day and only confessed at the end. That is cowardice it takes more strength to admit that you have wronged someone when youre not on your death bed.
Absolutely. As it is, he should have talked it over with Nanaka's mother first, and then told Nanaka, and then all three of them should have been there when they tell Nanaka's father. What he did was an extremely selfish act that served solely to make himself better, with little regard for the consequences of his actions.

Quote:
Nankas mom obviously chose him because she said she did realize it was not his child till after they were married. If she really wanted to be with the music teacher she could have gotten a divorce but she didnt. The look she gave the music teacher in Nanakas room was a look of a person who made a child with the other. Im sure there were still feelings there because they shared a child. But she has ample opportunity to divorce or cheat again and to my knowledge it never happened again.
As far as I can tell, Nanaka's parents married because her mother was pregnant, which really meant that she had been deceiving the father from the very beginning. Lies of this nature are extremely corrosive of any relationship, and she certainly did him a grave disservice (obviously, it doesn't excuse his wife-abuse, murder-suicide and arsonic response).

By the way, because of the stigma against divorce in Japan (and the hardships caused by it), it may not have been a viable option.