View Single Post
Old 2009-07-31, 03:16   Link #190
FTGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTGT View Post
Myself I am an electrical (degreed) engineer..... yes, I love S&W although there is no electricity in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
But there is! Just look at those sparks between Lawrence and Horo! It has more tension than electricity.
Of course, I totally agree. You could energize at least a whole town with that eagerness/voltage between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightly_Toasted View Post
I never lived in tht period, yet I still understand trait of knightly and Chivalrous men. The idea of chivalry and knightly things is something that passed through all generations through literature and other stories. Also Horo most certainly knows the traits of knights, or else she wouldn' have talked about Lawrence being like hers when he stood up with the knife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Horo cannot read. She could not read about that and she cold not hear much from remote villagers as well. The knowledge in that aspect should be pretty lacking. Remember that knight stories were popular and passed among nobles and towns folk, not among small remote village people.
She could not be active during the dark ages because otherwise she wold know about the changes regarding church.
I am arguing that while playing was her intent she is not particularly in control because of her lack of knowledge in this regard.
From my point of view, Horo is totally in control in case of Amati!
As Lightly_Toasted tried to explain (I guess), although Horo may not know any knights or nobles personally, she is of course familiar with menfolk and how they want to "protect their weak princess". She knows exactly how to push their buttons (especially of the naive ones), and I would bet that this is not the first time that she brings some guy to the point to spend a lot of money/wealth for her and endanger his career.

PS: Horo can in fact read! Otherwise we wouldnt have had this heartbreaking scene at the end of this episode!