View Single Post
Old 2012-02-10, 02:56   Link #73
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Hm, I just a little on the fence with this episode, but first I must say I really enjoyed it initially. But I will start out with saying I've never been one of those guys proclaiming "Looks like I'm dropping this show!" week after week; I'm one of those guys though that never really complained much about GC in the beginning: I liked the setup, derivative of certain other series or not, I've always liked Shu, socially awkward/low self-esteemed pussy, wishy-washy or not. I think I like Shu because I probably would have acted in a similar fashion under his initial circumstances. I mean, I found it refreshing that it took him several episodes for him to finally answer the call.

But I'm kind of disappointed that THE GAI has returned, cloned or not. This guy is such a cockroach it's not even funny. This really cheapens death in this series because now I'm like "hey they can always just reconstruct them." I'm sure he's going to be setup as the final boss for Shu (either to destroy him or to return him to his "good" self).

What I did like about this episode was Inori is finally becoming interesting, if only by slowly turning into Mana, which is what seems to be happening. There have been two big hints that Inori is no longer just Inori (one of them could've been Shu hallucinating but the creepy "mitsuketa~" was a clear one). My theory is that there's another personality creeping into Inori, and not just Mana completely taking over.

And man, I didn't think it was possible for me to feel sorry for Souta, but just look at him now. And all the other F Rankers, it was like watching the condemned work on all the suicide missions for just a little reprieve from their inevitable ends... hard to watch.

Arisa... I don't really think she's dead, well, she very well may be, but the scene was so quick. It was like a summary execution with little fanfare, and for a pretty significant character that is pretty jarring (perhaps intentional?). On the other hand, it might have been that way to punctuate just how not_Inori Inori is now.

Anyway, overall good episode, right now I'm just hoping it doesn't come crashing down like Code Geass did in both seasons when they were nearing the endgame.

EDIT: Also nice to see that Shu is very much still Shu deep down inside (for now), but he's just managed to put on a convincing front. Must be that scarf, it's possessed.