Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-20, 13:15   Link #24284
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
1) There's such a thing as social trends and viral memes. There doesn't have to be active collusion.
2) We have two kinds of ultra-wealthy: ones that remember the peasants have guillotines and ones that don't The former knows that healthy productive peasants are less likely to be a problem than angry peasants with lots of time on their hands and nothing to lose.
2) The "right wing does finance better" flag has been burned to ashes in the US (whether or not the flag wavers know it). They've totally trashed any right to claim such over the last 25 years. Fiscal responsibility is no longer a GOP tag.
1) Agree. I'm just parroting the whole "There is no conspiracy. The universe is indifferent." statement cause people seem to forget it.
2a) Agree & Disagree. Capital flight is actually a real problem, HK saw it back prior to 1997 due to China about to take over. That said, I tie this back to the whole healthcare & doctor salaries debate -- after a certain point there isn't much wage elasticity and people would be OK making less to live in the U.S. and Canada (vs. Singapore, Asia, etc.)
2b) I'm not saying it's true or not. I'm just saying that's the way people see it. Heck, there was the article written in Slate talking about the "dems" being the "austerity party" = http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/...eduction_.html

Keep in mind though that these views are due to decades upon decades of ingrained political conditioning. That said, I hate it when people mention Clinton as being the whole fiscally responsible president. People need to learn to remember the bubble was inflated in the years prior to and during the Clinton administration. No one is innocent. I spare no one. I spear everyone.