View Single Post
Old 2009-04-22, 04:13   Link #199
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The people I was referring to actually include a shrewd businessman who is richer than I could possibly fathom, a lead singer in a local rock and roll band (with quite the female following) and, even, a female schoolteacher who shines at dealing with troublesome teenagers. They are NOT indecisive about the decisions they make, day in and day out. But all of them have a horrible time trying to talk to people from the opposing gender, even going so far as developing stammering stutters, in more than one occasion - except for the schoolteacher, as she prefers girls (even more fuel to her embarrassment).

And I might point out that Ryuji never really had the urge to ask Minorin out, before he met Taiga and concocted that hare-brained scheme: he was quite content with observing from afar and dreaming his perfect scenarios. He might have wanted to ask her out, but he wasn't overly anguished about not being able to.

Also, the overly-shy way of anime characters behaving? Well, I had a hard time with it personally, until I saw a few real-life examples who were even more absurd. Then, I realized that everyone is different, and I shouldn't really judge people's behavior based on my own.