View Single Post
Old 2007-06-02, 18:55   Link #170
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
My main worry here isn't that my favourite song didn't win though, what I'm more worried about is that as a result of the songs record breaking success, that studios are going to jump on the bandwagon and start a copycat thing going. Then, as a result my culture of anime music is going to be beaten back even further by idol-pop (which I only care for a very specific type of) and I'm going to have nothing new to listen too regarding my preferences for the next couple of years at least. Also if idol-pop isn't the current trend and the mainstream of anime music, what is? Whatever the case if it is indeed imagined and there isn't an idol-pop trend, there sure as heck is gonna be one now. As long as they allow some room for music that appeals to my taste though I couldn't care less.
Idol-related crap being at the top rankings is by no means restricted to Japan and its anime. Look at Western charts. I used to download English songs from what I see on the Billboard, and by about a couple months ago I stopped trying to filter out the good stuff from the bad. I'm not searching on Wikipedia on bands for 50 songs just to get those 2 that I actually like.

The part about corporate strategy, like any strategy tailored for a large population, is to exploit the idiots as much as possible. It's the same everywhere, and as long as the same big guys keep on producing, they can get away with a Top 10, guaranteed.

It will stay like this till the end of time, as long as there are idiots. I'll give you credit for questioning the trend, which marks you an intellectual. This is exactly why we music junkies don't take the mainstream and instead look elsewhere. Be proud of it.

Last edited by Claies; 2007-06-02 at 19:33.