Old 2012-11-14, 01:19   Link #568
Rainrir
Tin Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
@Rainrir
Oh, and as for reductionist argument...
My stance is "if the shoe fits".

There's no need to dance around the subject, when a pile of bullshit stinks, you know what it is.

You may say "but but but that's simplifying things!"
Yeah, well, complex maze made out of bull dung is still BS. IMHO of course.

Mogamett is an arrogant prick who is way over his head.
There's no need to defend it, it's plain as the sky is blue. And I wouldn't argue WHY the sky is blue, it's pointless.
I think it takes out the character complexity if we do that. I do agree that Mogamett's system is BS to modern sensibilities, but as a historian I always feel should evaluate the society by its historical circumstances.

Magoshuatt's system does have certain strengths that make it better than the cattle slavery or even serfdom that is pervalent in the rest of Magi's world. More importantly, how to dismantle the system without causing massive deaths (like Kassim vs Aladdin) is a legitimate question.

Sindaria is a completely outlier because 1) Island Nation with a small population 2) It basically has a free nearly-infinite protein source and the ability to exploit it 3) Trade Route and the exclusive exports that are in great demand 4) The existance of what is basically a nuclear weapon that ensures the nation's survival and power (Sinbad).
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote