View Single Post
Old 2004-01-04, 00:48   Link #10
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

*spasm* Answer everything in ONE post.

One translator, scanner and editor is all you need for something like Ichi. In fact, one person capable of all three jobs could probably do it faster than a group of friends with no experience. And it'd be a better final product.

The ease at which people jump to the conclusion that they should start their own groups pisses me off. It makes people reading their stupidity believe that the manga community is just a bunch of guys with tons of time on our hands instead of people wih actual skills. Look at the amount of pure crap that has surfaced in the scanslation world over the past year. Go on... look at it. Now. Tell me why you think that's happened? People that aren't good enough for the big groups decide that we just don't know what we're talking about and that they're going to start their own groups. They realize about a month later how stupid they are, and then leave like a dozen projects unfinished, unlicensed, and dead at chapter 3. Then they change their nicknames and pretend it never happened. Now, I'm not saying that YOU'LL do that. Of course you won't. You have three scanners (I have 2, by the way... myself being one of them).

Fact: You don't need three scanners for one project. You don't need three translators, 10 editors, or 3 coordinators, either. All you need is one person to slap some sense into you.