View Single Post
Old 2009-11-29, 20:54   Link #5069
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Uuuuuuuuuu, I completely forgot about that. Hahaha!

*cough*

Uhm, so... I dunno what's the nationality of the majority of translators, but I'd say that anyone that knows both Japanese and English can do the job. Basic English knowledge is nothing special, but Japanese might pose a bit of a problem (or the other way around if the person is a Japanese translator), since English is used worldwide, and Japanese is, well.. like I know~

By "translators" I referred only to the HnG ones. Again, I have no idea where they're from, how many there are, or if they're involved in other projects, thus slowing the whole process.

There aren't as many HnG fans and translators compared to, for example.. One Piece, so the ones that do the job could have taken Hata's advice and won't be translating for a while, but then again, depending on many other things (holidays, work, school, family, whatever..), they might be too busy to bother / or rush with something insignificant as translating a manga, which they supposedly do in their free time.

Next, your assumption that this is a mostly American populated board might be correct (hell if I know), but in this thread... well,...

Let's see..

*numbers are total replies*

Used Can 710 - No clue
Rah 515 - Not US
zodanhko 362 - Not US
wolfnagi 226 - Not US
Game8910 223 - No clue
Koroshiya_Kame_13 192 - No clue
leoblack9 182 - No clue
primuler 176 - No clue
surerman 123 - Not US
Mentar 105 - Not US
qwertyman 104 - US
9taileddemon 104 - No clue
Teleutao 101 - US
Himegami Akane 100 - Not US
IndoViking 79 - Not US
tsunade666 77 - Not US
Opace 76 - No clue
GDB 73 - US
Chaos2Frozen 72 - No clue
aldw 56 - No clue
WildArms 52 - Probably not US

Perhaps 50 / 50? Maybe not? Dunno~

The next question would be: Do people who obsess over mangas and anime have something better to do than staying online all day and night, regardless of holidays, etc..? I guess that some do, and some don't. Think of a Japanese otaku / hikkomori / neet. The answer is obvious.

In short: HnG doesn't have as many followers / translators as some of the other more popular mangas, thus if they do take a break it's gonna be a pain. Everyone who takes Hata's advice is a *SFX: Baaaaaaaahhh!!*, otherwise I have no problems with whatever they do with their life (even if every HnG translator suddenly stops). Just don't do what Hata tells ya! He's the devil, dammit! I LOVE YOU HATA! DON'T HATE ME, OKAY!?

@wolfy-kun

What kind of a fanfic are you doing, if you're basing most things on the happenings in the ongoing manga? Use some imagination!

Just interpret the pages your way, and then imagine your favorable outcome. If you're gonna base it from 251 onwards, then...

Wait...

In your fanfic you already got through the part where Hayate and Nagi talk, which ends in this chapter. Why would you need a summary of this chappy? Erm.. if you're asking about 252 > then nobody knows, because they're not out yet.

Ah, I dunno what you're trying to do here. ^_^;;
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote