View Single Post
Old 2013-05-31, 22:08   Link #197
calubin_175

Just finished playing the TE VN, though I skipped many bits. The last battle around Evensk Hive was portrayed as a dramatic poignant war story, at least to the same level as the final arc of Alternative. I have to especially commend on the voice acting of the face-less bridge operators.

The best part of the entire game was when they reported the status of humanity's trump card on orbit.

The Total Eclipse does get revealed.

For those concerned about the character relationships more than the story, I am kind of disappointed that Yui got side lined. I think they might make a short story of her in Operation Ouka.

Sprite animation looks pretty decent due to the smooth frame rate, please don't judge from video recordings.

However, there were many many sprite mistakes though:

The complete lack of UN F-16s, all the ones terrorists used are American colored and wielding the WS-16C instead of the AMWS-21.

Even after the terrorist arc, the Shiranui Second is still occasionally seen using the WS-16C.

Idar 2-4 had Su-27s when they were attacked by MiG-29s. All other scenes had them consistently using Su-37s.

The XFJ-01B decal does not exist.

No TSF sprites of non-Total Eclipse debuted TSFs, such as the Phantoms and F-14Ex of the other test flights. Graf Flight did have the Fulcrum since it was an originally TSF introduced in TE.

The credits are quite short reflecting the their small development team. Miyata Sou was absent on the list. I really do like his artwork and I've recently just received my copy of one of his Age Store exclusive artbooks. Sharon's cockpit scene was definitely not drawn by him.

In conclusion, Muv-Luv is still great, and it is worth spending money on.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote