View Single Post
Old 2012-09-13, 03:35   Link #109
Essenar
Fallen Angel

Send a message via AIM to Essenar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
To people he had no need nor reason to lie to, to people who knew for a fact he wasn't who he claimed to be and to Zetsu who is in it and who talked to him without his mask? Yes that's what it is and no that's not good writing at all.
Good writing -among other things because this is a huge mess- would have been to build sentences that still made sense in insight instead of resorting to "it's amazing how the author made him act to the 4th walls"!
I'll just break this down for everyone:
1) Obito doesn't respond to Obito as his name. Meaning: He has abandoned that identity and no longer associates himself as Obito. So him not referring to himself as Obito in the past is NOT a plot hole. His exact words, "You can call me by that name if you want. To me it means nothing."
2) It does make sense. Because from the point his interactions ended with Madara, he no longer calls himself Obito. So all the sentences written in the past make perfect sense.

If you woke up one day and decided that you would no longer be Hunter but instead, Ranger. You HATE Hunter because of some characteristic about him you didn't like, or maybe you believe after spending months turning into Ranger that it's your real name. Or maybe you don't believe in names at all and you just used Ranger as a nickname to hide your identity or give people something to call you. Would it make sense for your partners who you trust, to call you by two different names? Oh hey guys, we're in the secret private room so call me OBITO, even though I don't believe I'm Obito anymore and I don't care about that name! Hehehehehehehehehehehe we're so secret!

Obito clearly gave up his ties to the Leaf Village and the name Obito during his encounters with Madara. From that point forward, he's not Obito anymore. And it makes PERFECT sense his closest allies don't call him Obito. Why would they, when they KNOW he gave that name up?
"Hey Obito... Should we get the Nine Tails now?"
"Why are you calling me that? I'm not Obito anymore."
"Because it's a huge plot hole. We're in the secret private room so I should call you Obito to show the audience I know your real identity."
"But I'm not Obito anymore..."
Essenar is offline   Reply With Quote