View Single Post
Old 2009-05-24, 08:24   Link #49
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
The only beef I have with PRC is the aftermath of Tiananmen.
This is my personal opinion but, I believe CCP in order to deflect further riots from the younger generation, intensified the anti-Japan sentiment education which continues to this day resulting to the present hostility towards Japan.

I know there were sentiments against Japan before the 90's but nothing at the same level we see now.

Japan provided about 60% of the entire ODA mainly in low interest loans towards PRC which was instrumental in modernization of present PRC but not many knew this fact until recently.

NO I am not asking for armful of gratitude nor a Christmas card but can't the general populous of mainland China simmer down and stop burning Japanese flags. I recently read about a mother and daughter visiting a college in China during the Cherry blossom season wearing a Kimono only to be driven away by angry students of that college yelling names. It's wrong, annoying and frightful at the same time sending the wrong message in the name of citizenship diplomacy.
This is due to the rise of an ultranationalistic faction comprised of the young chinese. Many who are now high on the rise and success of their country while grew up on CCP's propaganda.

Unfortunately, Japan and it's bloody history during the WW2 made them a perfect target. Other countries have been the target of their scorn as well especially during the Olympic where many country have criticized CCP over their handling of the Tibet situation and the nationalist lash back on them.